1 May 2018
10.30am – 4.30pm
Perth Convention and Exhibition Centre
The Community Sector Networking Day is held the day prior to the launch of the conference. The Networking Day is a chance for the sector to come together to discuss key policies and issues impacting services in WA, and consider ways to address these.
10:30 – 12:30 Common Cause
The day will begin with a session from Common Cause on values based community engagement presented by Mark Chenery. We will explore how values and frames work, why they matter, and what a values-based approach to community engagement means for individuals, organisations and movements seeking to create a more just, sustainable and democratic world. For more information click here.
12:30 – 1:15 Lunch
1:15 – 2:45 Supporting Communities Forum
This will be an opportunity to consult the sector about the structure of the McGowan Government’s Supporting Communities Forum. The Supporting Communities Forum brings government and non-government leaders together to progress the agenda of collaboration, coordination and information sharing, consistent with the Government’s Supporting Communities policy and public sector reform processes currently underway. For more information click here.
2:45 – 3:00 Afternoon Tea
3:00 – 4:30 Reform, Challenges, Opportunities, Disruption – Panel
Presenters will give an overview of some of the changes currently being implemented across government and engage in a dialogue with the sector about these, through questions and answers, as well as comment.
- Services Priority Review – Michelle Andrews, Deputy Director General, Department Premier & Cabinet
- Sustainable Health Review – Dr Hannah Seymour, Medical Director, Department of Health
- People, Place, Home – Grahame Searle, Director General, Department of Communities
- Aboriginal Community Controlled Organisations – Daniel Morrison, CEO, Wungening
- Community Service Sector – Louise Giolitto, CEO, WACOSS
- National Disability Insurance Scheme – Julie Waylen, CEO, NDS
- Delivering Community Services in Partnership – Steven Hill, Assistant Director, Funding and Contracting Services
This event is offered free to community service organisations attending the conference. To register for the Networking Day only click on the button below.